Tuesday, November 21, 2006

More Singing With The Monkey

Well, I have taught myself some children’s song. Appropriate children’s songs. And now, we have a new dilemma, The Monkey likes to act out the only songs that I know. At bedtime, when we sing The Itsy Bitsy Spider, she will do the spider motions. She does this while laying down. Because if I am singing, we are thisclose to sleepy time.
I introduced a new song last night. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Maybe you have heard it. It has a good beat and I can dance to it. While I was on the 2nd line of the song, The Monkey jumps up and reaches her arms above her head and points to her palm. WTF??? Scared the crap out of me. I thought we were getting mugged.
I did the only logical thing that I could think of. I asked her to tell me the songs she didn’t know. Then I remembered that I am trying to communicate with somebody who has a vocabulary of 10-15 words.
So, tonight, I will try a new song. A made up song. A song that there is no way that she knows.

No comments: