Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Concert and Other Ramblings




I went to the Nitzer Ebb concert last night at the House of Blues in Chicago. WOW What a fun time. I couldn't believe how many older people, like me, were there. I went with some friends from from the neighborhood. I don't know what came over me.... but I had to go down to the mosh pit. And just stand on the fringe of the pit. It was awesome. It was good practice for the GWAR show that will be at the end of October.
One of the strangest thing I saw had to be the leather cargo pants one of the band members was wearing. The band consisted of the lead singer, two drummers, and 2 Apple Mac's laptops. I thought that it was interesting to see these guys plug a beat into the computers- then go at it. Pretty Cool. I had to ask my friend one question- Other than talent, musical know-how, and leather pants- What is holding us back from doing this?

I am in Naperville for training for Work. It is cool to be "home" again, but the Monkey and The Mokey's Mama are back in Indy. The Monkey is recovering from a fever or virus. The doctor's are not sure. All they know is that she is recovering from whatever she had. I got a text message today telling me that she slept for 15 hours. I can't wait to get home to see them both.
I am waiting for some of my classmates to come over to head into downtown Naperville. I am in class with several people from different companies. One thing is true, telecom attracts a strange personality type.

More later,

BgKahuna

No comments: