Thursday, October 12, 2006

Working Third Shift this week

I can actually say that working the third shift has been a great experience. Usually we would work one overnight shift on our on-call rotation, every 5 weeks. But this week, we have a guy that needs to be here. So I am stuck babysitting him.
I like this because I am able to get home in time to see The Monkey and SmKahuna head off for the day. I can also pick The Monkey up at daycare.
SmKahuna and I put The Monkey down and then I head to work shortly thereafter. So I am getting home as they are preparing to leave to daycare. Yesterday there was some extra time. So I got to blow through Hop On Pop and part of Green Eggs and Ham. I think the The Monkey is starting to get Green Eggs and Ham. At least I've started to get it. Tonight at dinner, SmKahuna and I were having steak. I actually cut off a little bite size piece and said “Don’t you like a piece of meat? Try it, try it and you may I say!” It didn’t work. She just looked at me like I was speaking French, while shaking her head back and forth.
I am starting to think that The Monkey just pretends that she doesn’t understand English. The same way I do when she is communicating to me and I pretend that I understand everything that she is telling me.

BTW-Is it bad for a 14 month old baby girl to have a favorite song? One that uses the phrase “ Shake that booty for me”? I didn’t think so either.

No comments: